Burkhardt Heating Will Solve Your Milwaukee Area HVAC Problems
When it’s cold here, it’s cold.
When the heating system breaks down during a Milwaukee area winter, you won’t need to know the “signs” to look for. The frost on your windows and chattering of your teeth will probably be the fastest indicators of your plummeting thermostat. Fortunately for you and any other Greater Milwaukee area homeowner, Burkhardt Heating & Cooling has 24/7 repair services that make sure you don’t spend all night in the cold.
For repairs that can be scheduled, for instance if you notice your heating bills are rising but your heating output isn’t improving, we’ll send your one of our highly qualified technicians to treat the problem or troubleshoot until we know what the problem is.
Burkhardt Heating & Cooling can fix and repair your gas heater in Milwaukee, WI. We also provide maintenance plan options to help increase the efficiency of your unit, reduce your energy bills and prevent unexpected repairs in the future. Call us today to schedule an appointment to have your gas heater repaired today!
There are a few things you should consider before deciding to have your furnace repaired or replaced in Milwaukee, WI:
- The age of your furnace.
- If the cost to repair outweighs the cost to replace.
- Increased energy bills.
If your furnace needs to be repaired and is over 12 years old, you should consider having it replaced rather than repaired, as the average life expectancy of a furnace is about 10-15 years. To learn more about having your furnace repaired or replaced, contact us today.
It costs around $350-$600 to repair a furnace in Milwaukee, WI. A few factors that impact the overall cost to repair a furnace include:
- Whether the repair is minor or extensive.
- Contractor hourly fees.
- The price of replacement parts.
For example, the price to replace a gas valve can range between $200-$1,000. We highly recommend you get your furnace on a maintenance plan to ensure that it is regularly cleaned and inspected to prevent more surprise repairs down the road. Contact us today to learn more about getting your furnace repaired.
Exceptional Heating Repair For Milwaukee, Waukesha & Washington Counties
Obviously there can be numerous reasons for a heating system to stop functioning. A few common reasons for heating repair are:
- A broken heat pump. Heat pumps are tricky instruments. Using a motor and fan and the units coils, they circulate refrigerant through an evaporation and condensation cycle to create heat for the home. When it’s not functioning properly, your heat pump system can not produce heat. It is important to remember that heat pumps draw air from the outside to heat and particularly cold or snowy days can cause freezing.
- A problem pilot light. This can cause your boiler or furnace to malfunction and will likely prevent the heater from coming alive. Only some units use these lights, which work well as long as they are burning brightly. A pilot light that will not come on or will only come on a little bit likely has a faulty sensor which can be easily fixed.
- Dirty air filters. If you have a fan on one side of a room, and you put a wall of cotton in front of it, not a lot of air is likely to make it through the cotton and to the other side of the room. The same happens with dust and dirt and other particles your filters collect.
Many other issues can affect your heating, especially during a particularly rough season.
Call Burkhardt Heating & Cooling today to learn more about how we can help your ailing HVAC or to find out if you need heating system replacement or want to install a new unit in your home.