AC Maintenance in the Greater Milwaukee Area That You Can Rely On
The majority of repairs on HVAC systems, whether they are emergency repairs or a slow breakdown warning you of impending repair needs, are the result of inadequate maintenance. That’s because even the highest class of HVAC is designed to be inspected and serviced yearly.
Don’t find yourself sweating through the day because a dusty evaporator coil is preventing your AC from peak performance. We’ll check your refrigerant, evaporator coils, drains, fan and more to ensure that the moment you need your equipment it is prepped and ready to deliver immediate comfort and heat relief.
An air conditioning service should include the following actions:
- Inspect the fan for damage.
- Replace all air filters.
- Check the thermostat to make sure it is functioning properly.
- Verify wire connections are secure.
- Check levels of refrigerant.
- Inspect ducts for leaks, cracks, mold or dirt accumulation.
- Examine condensate drain to check for obstructions.
- Clean evaporator coils.
- Lubricate moving parts to reduce friction.
When your AC is running but not cooling your house, it could be for a few different reasons that you can check yourself:
- Is the thermostat set to ON? If so, switch it to AUTO instead. When the ON setting is used, the unit cannot complete its cycling process and will circulate warm air.
- Is the outdoor breaker tripped? Air conditioners have an indoor and an outdoor circuit breaker. If the outdoor breaker has tripped, the unit will continue to run but it won’t cool the air. If it keeps tripping after you reset it, a professional will need to be called.
- Are your air filters dirty? A dirty filter could mean a blockage in the air circulation. Removing the clog may help air to circulate well again.
- Is your outdoor unit covered in debris, leaves and dirt? Air conditioners work by not only producing cool air but expelling warm air from a home. If your unit is dirty it may be trapping warm air inside.
If you have checked on these issues and your unit is still blowing warm air, we can help. Burkhardt Heating & Cooling provides expert inspection and repair services guaranteed to get your house cool and comfortable quickly. Contact us today for more information!
You should have your air conditioner serviced once a year, preferably right before the temperatures rise in the spring and summer to ensure optimal performance after a long break in use.
We know that life is busy and air conditioning annual service is not usually at the front of our minds. Burkhardt Heating & Cooling offers maintenance plans that set your unit up on a regular schedule to make sure it receives its tune-up every year. Let us take that off your plate! To learn more, contact us today!
Burkhardt Heating & Cooling Offers Excellent AC Maintenance Near You
Burkhardt offers convenient maintenance programs allowing your HVAC maintenance to be an afterthought. We’ll visit annually and perform the following services. Just a few of them are listed here.
- Clean Filters
- Check Refrigerant
- Check Ductwork
- Look For Signs of Disrepair
- Test Fans
- Evaluate Drains
Our technicians are trained to look for the tiniest problems and to be prepared to resolve them during your tuneup, eliminating the need for more technician visits. If they do find a repair need, fixing it early could help prevent greater problems later on, also preventing more costly repairs.
Even if you are not on a maintenance plan, as your heating and cooling specialist, we highly recommend maintenance before each season. Prior to the cold snap, make sure that furnace or boiler is churning away perfectly. Before the hotter days of summer, make sure your AC is ready by ensuring fluids are complete and critical elements are clean and functioning. Call today to book your appointment for pre-winter or pre-summer maintenance.